First Few Nights in Bangor

Posted February 6th, 2013 by Nicole in Bangor, Wales

The first few nights in Bangor were stressful and exciting at the same time.  Being in a new environment, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect.  I was tired from all my flight troubles, but luckily my adrenaline kept me going strong for the first few nights.  I met my flatmates (who are wonderful!) on the very first night and they were so helpful and happy I was there.   They immediately welcomed me into their group, which I am very thankful for.  On the second night we were all hanging out in the kitchen and it started snowing.  All of my flatmates got extremely excited! There was barely half an inch on the ground, which to me seemed like nothing, but apparently they don’t get much in Bangor because everyone went wild and crazy.  We looked out the window and there was a giant snowball fight going on.  People came out of the woodworks to join in, so of course we had to as well!  For some reason a couple of the guys decided that it was a good idea to go out in their shorts/boxers and t-shirts.  I was cold in my winter coat, but they seemed to be doing just fine wearing barely anything.  This snowball fight was a great introduction to Wales.  By the second night I was already having a wonderful time.  I was still a bit nervous around all the new people I didn’t know, but I could tell right away that I wouldn’t have any trouble getting along with them.  I don’t think we’ll have a snowball fight every night, mostly because the snow is already gone, but I hope every night will be as fun as that was!

45535_10200442695135091_2063928817_n